Fall is the season when we see and hear advertisements for going to the pharmacy or doctor to receive our annual flu-shot. But what is NOT advertised is the list of ingredients that will be injected into our body. If you are reading this you are likely already interested in natural ways to address illness. I’m guessing, too that you are probably a label-reader when you grocery shop. That’s a GREAT START!
But knowing what is put into your body via INJECTION is vital. Once harmful substances are in the body’s tissues it is more challenging for the body to clear them. Whereas we were created with livers and kidneys and sweat glands to help clean our systems of ingested substances, harmful ingredients that are injected by-pass those cleaning mechanisms. The body faces an assault that can overload it and put it’s immune system into hyper-drive. This doesn’t even take into account an individual’s unique propensity for allergies. So what are some of these harmful ingredients, you ask?
- Sorbitol (can cause cellular damage and severe gastro-intestinal problems)
- Gelatin (animal collagen – possible allergen and can carry risk of exposure to growth hormones)
- Egg protein (which can contain antibiotics, hormones, salmonella)
- Thimerosol (a type of mercury which is a proven neurotoxin)
- Formaldehyde (highly carcinogenic, ranked one of the most hazardous compounds to human health)
- Phenoxyethanol (highly toxic to the nervous system, kidneys and liver)
- Aluminum Phosphate (increases the toxicity of mercury and is linked to Alzheimer’s)
- MSG (monosodium glutamate – when injected becomes a neuro-toxin and can cause disorders to the Central Nervous System)
Here is a reliable source with accompanying links. Get informed about this rarely questioned protocol. http://vaccinechoicecanada.com/about-vaccines/vaccine-ingredients/
And let me propose another kind of Flu-Shot. One you can make in your kitchen! This elixer will keep your immune system in tip-top shape and will nix any virus or bacteria that dares to thwart you.
IN A LARGE MASON JAR, MIX TOGETHER:
- 1 – 2 Large Onions (chopped)
- 3 – 4 Medium BULBS of Garlic (chop up all those little cloves!)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup of Freshly Ground Ginger Root
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of Turmeric Powder
- 2 Heaping Tablespoons of Freshly Ground Horseradish
- 2 Teaspoons of Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic is best)
This recipe is fairly forgiving with ingredient amounts. The key is the “Big 3” – Onions, Ginger and Garlic which work together synergistically to make a mighty boost for the immune system. Make sure the spice ingredients are well covered by the vinegar. Put a tight lid on the jar and shake well. Leave in a dark spot for 2 weeks, shaking the jar several times/day to mix ingredients. After 14 days, strain through a fine collander or cheese cloth, saving the pulp to use in stir-frys, soups and stews. This will keep very well in your cupboard for several months because the vinegar acts as a preservative.
CAUTION: The flavour is strong and hot! DO NOT TAKE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
TAKE AFTER OR DURING A MEAL: 1 Tablespoon – gargle and swallow. Begin with just a teaspoon if it is too strong. Experiment with what is best for you. Children take a smaller dose.
This elixer makes a wonderful salad dressing when added to olive oil
-2 parts oil, 1 part mixture and salt to taste
Be bold! Be strong! Take this as a natural support for your health during “Flu-Season”.