EASY PEASY BONE BROTH & SOUP
Place into a large stock or crock pot:
- Bones from Free Range Chicken (necks and backs)/Beef (shanks are yummy)/Lamb bones
- Medium Carrot, scrubbed
- Medium-Large Onion with skin on, cleaned
- Handful of Parsley
- Handful of Celery leaves with stalks
- Several Garlic Cloves and/or Fresh Ginger Slices
- Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- Filtered Water to cover (8-15cups)
Let simmer on low for 4-6 hours (or overnight in crock-pot).
Strain bones and veggies. Take meat off bones and save. Let stock cool several hours.
Strain off fat (but leave some for flavour and goodness) and then add fresh veggies (onions, garlic, celery, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, parsley..), lentils, beans, barley… Add meat at the end.
For an Asian touch, cook up rice noodles, put in bowl and ladle broth/soup on top. Pass the Tamari/Soy sauce!